Friday 28 October 2011

mid-life crisis

My father is currently going through a mid-life crisis. As his young daughter, I ought to be mortified... I was, until he let me throw a Hawaiian themed party! YAHOO! Well, let me tell you guys the full story. This afternoon, I came home from school to find my dad standing on a chair in the middle of the living room with all these electrical cords dangling from the roof. I was puzzled but I didn't really care because it was so hot and I was tired so I just went to my room. An hour later, I came out and found my parents going crazy because my dad had just replaced the main lights in the living room with a disco ball and put reflector lights around it. WHAT THE HECK! And he also had bought another strobe light and those circular lights where they have the coloured lights and they revolve around in circles? Yeah. It was like a rave in my living room... with my 45 year old parents being the ravers. I was so angry. I don't know why. Now that I think about it, it's quite funny. A few months ago, I asked my parents if we could take on the task of the annual Nguyen family Christmas party because I wanted to throw a Hawaiian themed party and they rejected me. Today, when I asked my dad why he had bought these stupid lights and installed them almost permanently in our house, he said it was for the Hawaiian party. I was just like HELLA YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! OMG NOW I AM SO PSYCHED TO THROW A HAWAIIAN PARTY! But it's going to be in November because my mum is going to have an operation yada yada. My mum said you guys are invited but I'm not sure you even want to come because my family is kind of crazy. TIME TO PLAN A HAWAIIAN PARTY NIGGZ! Aloha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment