Friday 9 December 2011

Year 10, 2011

Just because you aren't returning to school next year because you managed to get some shitty apprenticeship that will not get you very far in life, doesn't mean you can ruin the rest of the grade's graduation ceremony. It is just a select group that always has to ruin everything for the grade and they manage to piss the fuck out of everybody, every single fucking time.

On to a more important note, today, we as a cohort that started out as "baby Year 7s" (as Mr Connor put it), graduated from Year 10 with the 2nd best School Cert results of MFHS ever! Congratulations everybody! Although it was a seemingly happy day; graduating; being given the key to escape the prison for 7 weeks, you could still smell the inner, forlorn disparity that everybody was trying to mask. It was one of those bittersweet moments. I had graduated from junior school with the people I have grown to love but then I remembered that half of these people will not be journeying into senior school with me. But that's okay. You guys have been trying to get into these schools ever since Year 7 so it seems only fair that you get to complete your high schooling at these top notch schools. Just don't ever forget the crazy friends you have at Mac Fields and that the door is always open to you (it sounds like I'm a parent talking to a runaway teenager). We will never forget you guys, no matter how nice, smart, pretty or hot (which is highly unlikely) your replacements are! This day of parting came into the equation as soon as the results came in, but who knew that it would be the end so soon right?

I guess it was a "rite of passage" for everybody in some ways. Today allowed for the people that are leaving to confront their fellow peers and close friends, allowing them to express their true feelings once and for all. It also allowed for the fellow peers and close friends of those that are leaving to fully realise and process the reality of the situation, no matter how much they had put it off prior to this day. I guess I had already mentally and emotionally prepared myself for today from crying days on end in my room which would explain why I didn't shed a tear today. I can't say the same for everybody else though (*ahem*) but that's okay! It made me feel kind of bad that I didn't cry. It's not that I wasn't upset. I just couldn't cry at the risk of revoking all of the wild emotions that I feel when it comes to this issue.

This year has flown by so fast (as has every other year) and it makes me want to savour as much of my senior schooling as possible. Photos, a journal, something. I could not have asked for a better year group to go through Years 11 and 12 with. Everybody is just so kind and accepting of others, willing to help out and everybody has their own unique personality which will undoubtedly rub off on each and every one of us when we leave school in Year 12. Happy holidays everybody and be prepared for the hardest but most rewarding two years of your lives starting from next year! Toooooodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment