Monday 5 December 2011

'Tis the season to be jolly!

Since I have hit my adolescent years, I have found myself to be quite the Christmas stooge but for some reason this year, I am so excited for Christmas. I can't wait for the lights and decorations around the city and in the suburbs to go up (actually, they already have... in like mid-November) but oh my gosh, it's almost CHRISTMAS! Too bad we live in Australia and we all probably grew up in an extremely Americanised world, so naturally, most of us associate Christmas with snow, ice-skating, sled rides and hot cocoa (well, I do anyways). I've always dreamed of a white, winter wonderland for Christmas but to my dismay, Christmas for me is always a family barbie in the stinking hot heat.

CHRISTMAS MOVIES. CHRISTMAS CAROLS. CHRISTMAS LIGHTS. CHRISTMAS GIFTS. FATHER CHRISTMAS AND OH MY GOD GINGERBREAD! Although I hate everything ginger, I love love love gingerbread. It is delicious... or maybe it's just the bright and colourful icing decorations? I remember in year 4, my teacher made gingerbread cookies in the shapes of stars with everybody's name on each one and she decorated them and stuff. I loved mine too much to eat it so I tried to save it up for a "worthy" enough occasion to eat it, as if Christmas wasn't already good enough right? Yeah... It spoiled and I never got to taste the delicious homeliness of my teacher's baking. But then again, she was very mean to me and I was leaving the school for a new school the following year... Perhaps I made the right decision not to eat it. Hahahahaha JOKES.

Now, Christmas stooges and enthusiasts, please enjoy the wide array of Christmas pictures I have collected from a Christmas Tumblr in the span of 10 minutes.

 See what I mean by deliciously coloured gingerbread? 






 Again with the gingerbread...! AHGSJHWGHEW

Christmas is the only time it is acceptable for people other than Paris Hilton to dress their animals in outfits and for it to be deemed cute rather than a form of animal cruelty. Jus' sayin' 

No comments:

Post a Comment