Monday 2 January 2012

2012!

It is officially safe to say that this year is going to be an awesome year. You know that thing that people say about how you spend the first day of the new year is how the rest of your year will be? Well. I always thought it was a load of crap because for us oriental Asians we have Chinese New Year, so which 'first day of the year' decides our year? I guess it just depends on which year you go by. However, this year (after talking to Laurence on a dead ass NYE night) I decided that I shall test out this theory that he, along with a million other people live by. For new years day, we went to my cousin's new place for a family bbq in Alfords Point. HOMG. It is such a nice area! A few people went on a bush walk near their house but I was wearing a dress so I didn't go along *CREYZ* It was such a good night (not only because my aunty made her famous potato salad that I haven't seen in a few months), all the cousins were hanging out (I think that sparklers bring everybody of all ages together), the whole family gathered in the living room to watch the videos that my dad had put together from the Hawaiian party and the masquerade party and it was so good to look back on those nights together! Then, I played cricket with one of my cousins (I was bowling and fielding because nobody else wanted to play cricket) and I got really tired so then we started balancing gardening rakes on the palm of our hands. Have you guys ever tried that? I remember that I saw it on Play School once or twice. It turns out I'm really crap at it but my cousin is uber pro ): Then everybody started talking about going to the beach tomorrow (which was today) and everyone was buzzing even though we were all super smashed from the get together already!!

So, today we got to the beach super early and almost everybody showed up and it was just usual beach stuff. We tried playing water polo but there were two problems; the waves and the wind [which are interconnected (i think?!) so I guess they are just one problem]. Yes. I just employed the maths parenthesis thing. DON'T JUDGE ME!!

(I wrote this when I came home from the beach and then ditched the post to watch tennis and now that I have woken up, my arms and 'abs' are super sore from the excessive boogie boarding GAHHHH)

No comments:

Post a Comment