Sunday 8 January 2012

Apia International Sydney - Day One!!

As a volunteer of the tournament, I got two ground passes which gave me access to all areas except for Ken Rosewall Area. Before I went, I was just like "oh, I might get a glimpse of a famous player" because I didn't want to get my hopes up and be uber disappointed but BOY WAS I WRONG! It seems as though as soon as I got there, famous players were left and right (not literally)! When we went to the practise courts, the first player we saw training was World No. 1 in Women's Singles, Caroline Wozniacki! She is even prettier in real life and we just stayed there and waited for her to finish training but as soon as she got off the court, everybody was yelling "Caroline, Caroline, over here, over here" and she seemed really tired so I just didn't bother. She was literally 2cm from my face though!!!! I was completely awestruck! When I was watching her train, I couldn't grasp on to the idea that it was really her! The World No. 1 in the world was breathing the same air as me. We didn't get her autograph because Precy's permanent marker didn't even work!! Stupid lil feg (we had to buy a tiny one later with no brand for $3.50. zzz)!! After Wozniacki got off, Victoria Azarenka (World No. 3) came on to that court to train and Li Na was in the court adjacent to ours! And then we decided to check out the other courts and we went to one with not much of a crowd yet and we were like "who the hell is that?" and then Precy was like "He looks like a mini-Baghdatis" and he was really close to us so he heard and then he chuckled!! That is when we realised, IT WAS MARCOS BAGHDATIS!!!!!! And then I wondered who he was versing so I looked at his shoes and they were non other than LLEYTON HEWITT'S shoes!! At this point, I was hyper-ventilating. I COULD NOT BELIEVE I WAS ONLY A FEW METRES AWAY FROM THE LEGENDARY BAGGY AND AUSSIE ICON HEWITT! So we just watched them for a bit, went back to Li Na and Azarenka and got their autographs and then went back to Baghdatis & Hewitt's training session. They trained forevzzzzzzzzzz man! We kept leaving and coming back and they still were not finished! But once we came back, Hewitt was gone and it was just Baggy training with his coach. I'm so devo I didn't get a photo or autograph from Hewitt! He is just such an Aussie legend! But we waited around for Baggy and I got a photo with him and Precy got his autograph (WHICH HAS A SMILEY FACE, HOW CUTE) and these girls asked for his towel. Why didn't I think of that? It would have been hella stinky but still, it was his towel! Baghdatis is so good looking now! He cut off his long, girl hair and he looks so much younger now. I really hope that he wins the tournament because he is such a sweet guy, fully signing everything and taking photos GAHHH! Well, I want Isner to win as well. Today wasn't the best that it could have been because I missed the person that I came to see, JOHN ISNER from the USA! This kid that I met got his autograph so that means he was around somewhere!! Oh well, I do have the rest of this week to find him and crawl under his legs (because he is a giant). Omg, then we spotted Juan Martin Del Potro!!! DEL FREAKING POTRO!!! He is a giant as welllllll, like literally 2m+, he lifted up his shirt and then he looked around and realised people were looking and he had this shy look on his face but then he started flexing his ab muscles!! LOL *droooooooooooooooooooooooool* Why are South Americans so darn attractive? WHY BITCH WHY!

This post has a bajillion errors because I am still recovering from post celebrity mode (whatever the fuck it's called) and I am dying because I still have a whole week to go!! I will not say that I died and went to heaven yet because I still have my centre court tickets for Wednesday and I still have to hunt down John Isner. Once those two are complete, I can safely say that I have died and gone to heaven. After a week of feeling like shit, I couldn't ask for a better opportunity to release my inner fangirlism that I have for tennis players. From Lidcombe and on wards, all you could hear was people talking about tennis players and I just kept thinking "YES, I AM HOME". I have never been surrounded by so many tennis fanatics in my life and it felt so freaking good!!! All of my efforts put into watching every match over the past 6 years haven't been freakish at all!! I strongly recommend for anyone that is even remotely interested in tennis to purchase a ground pass for $12.90 because you get access to all areas except for centre court and all the players are always training and doing stuff for the media, and it's such a good vibe all around. ARGH! No time to proof read this because tomorrow is Kid's Day and I have to be there by 8am tomorrow! Thanks to track work, I have to leave my house at 6!!! AND I STILL HAVEN'T STUDIED OR FINISHED MY HOMEWORK FOR TRUONG.

OH, and Ana Ivanovic and Jelena Dokic were on centre court today so we didn't get a chance to see them and where the freaking hell was Richard Gasquet?!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment