Friday 6 January 2012

Sydney Ready? Play.

Many of you may or may not already know that I'm going to be volunteering at the Apia International Sydney this coming week and today was the orientation/training day. I'm going to be volunteering in the Kids Interactive Zone where they have all these tennis activities set up for kids (when they say kids, they mean from babies to freaking adults). They have ball machines set up for people to try and hit targets with, they have the ray guns set up to measure how fast your serves are, you can rally against a 'brick wall' (which is actually foam or something) and there are mini courts set up. It's really fun!! If you have the chance, Monday the 9th of January is the 'Kids Day' where kids 16 and under get free entry into the venue (normal entry into the venue would be $12.90 anyway), you should head to Sydney Olympic Park Tennis Centre! It is really fun, free and the Aquatic Centre is only a few metres away! Volunteers full get free food and drinks and get to have lunch in this air-con place where as other people have to suffer in the heat!!! I cannot wait until my first shift which is on Monday but I have to be at Olympic Park at 8am and there is track work which means I have to wake up super duper early!! ): FREAKING SHITTY RAIL.

Yup, there's my pro shirt (we have a short sleeve and a long sleeve one), my hat and my accreditation pass. That's right bitches. I have a VIP pass. 

No comments:

Post a Comment