Monday 16 January 2012

The Hunger (But Mainly Death) Games

Last night I finished the last of The Hunger Games trilogy (FINAFREAKINGLLY). It was amazing. I think I mentioned a long time ago that I like reading dystopian novels and watch movies with that ideology (thanks English teachers...). Throw in some amazing characters and bombs full of action (see what I did there? People that have the books?) and you've got yourself not one, but three best-sellers. I must admit that I wasn't too keen on them at first but as soon as the movie trailer came out, I had to read the books for two reasons a.) THE MOVIE LOOKED/S AMAZING and b.) Although I was blown away by the trailer, a part of me didn't really understand it. That's the thing with 2 minute trailers, sometimes they don't make sense! I strongly recommend anyone that has seen the trailer and is looking forward to the movie to read the books. It's an easy read, her word choices and sentence structure are at times so simple that I ask myself, "Why didn't I write this book?" but then again, I'm not the one that thought of the awesome idea of throwing 24 kids into an arena for them to fight to the death for the entertainment of the Capitol.

No comments:

Post a Comment