Sunday 15 January 2012

Blogger's Block

I haven't been able to think of anything interesting to blog about (not that anything I blog about is ever interesting) but I have realised that although I am the ultimate disher of sarcasm (Queen of Sarcasm, Mable? ha), I find it very hard to pick it up on. This whole week when I've been talking to the other volunteers at the Apia International, I've had to ask them "Are you being sarcastic?" several times through out the conversation!! There was one time where I didn't pick up on it at all. This guy was like "Oh my gad, I'm so cold!" and it was BOILING hot right. I was just like "ARE YOU SERIOUS? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" and he's like "YEAH, IT'S SO COLD" and I still didn't realise until he told me he was being sarcastic. But hey, Sheldon Cooper has an IQ of like 300 and can't pick up on sarcasm so maybe I'm just really, really, really intellectually inclined (I freaking wish!). So now I understand when people don't pick up on my sarcasm because a.) I use my normal tone of speaking and b.) I don't make it clear that I'm being sarcastic. Me? Sarcastic? NEVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment