Tuesday 5 April 2011

BANANA

Apparently, this term is 'old'. I didn't even know about it until this morning! Let me explain to you what it means, although the majority of you would probably already know what it means because I am so out of date with everything nowadays! Basically, if you are a banana, it means that you are an Asian, but on the inside; your behaviours, thoughts and preferences are 'white' - just like a banana (go figure -.-). I believe that I am somewhat of a banana. I've lived in a completely white-washed community for most of my life. I don't eat rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner (I'm not being stereotypical; you have no idea how many Asians actually do that!). I actually have tried cuisines other than Chinese, Thai and Vietnamese (ahem, Asian friends of mine that have never had tacos?!). I don't even know where I am going with this post. I think it's really funny how people use food to describe people and their race. 
Another example is the Oreo - black on the outside, white on the inside. Yeah, you get my drift. 

No comments:

Post a Comment