Monday 21 November 2011

CHRISMAKKUH

Every year as a child, a few weeks before Christmas, my aunty and my mum would take my sister and me to David Jones at Macarthur Square to pick out our Christmas presents. Although that completely ruined the element of surprise with Christmas gifts, it was always fun to pick out our own presents. We always loved the toy section but we could only choose three presents; one from my mum, aunty and dad (my dad never went with us though, he hated and still hates shopping). Then, my mum would put them in the storage closet on the highest shelf hoping that we wouldn't be able to reach them. But I'll admit, almost everyday leading up to Christmas, I would climb on a chair and just look at my presents. Oh gosh, I miss that feeling. I felt to bad-ass and stealthy. A week before Christmas, my mum would wrap up the presents and put them under the Christmas tree (which I haven't seen in several odd years) and there were always more presents that we didn't choose ourselves which was always exciting! AND WHEN CHRISTMAS FUCKING DAY ARRIVED... HELLZYAYER! I don't even know why we did this whole Christmas tree and presents thing, we are Buddhists after all. But it was fun. My favourite surprise present from my mum was this Delta Goodrem dvd with all of her songs and music videos and live performances and stuff... Cheesy, I know. But she was my idol, with the whole piano playing act anyways. Now my parents are old, lame and boring and can just buy me off with money. Don't get me wrong, I love it when they give me money but sometimes it would be cool to receive gifts like the good ol' days. Ahhh. I still have this bead set that I chose when I was like 8 years old. I never made a single bracelet or necklace. Now I don't know what to do with it.

Last Christmas I was in Vietnam after having spent an awesome week in Hong Kong. The one before that my dad was in hospital. I wonder what is on the menu for Christmas 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment