Saturday 24 September 2011

book recommendations

I have a feeling the person that asked for book recommendations was Renee. Colour me embarrassed if it's not :$ I used to read a lot but not so much anymore, so I don't know if I'm the most "qualified" person to make this list. These are books I think everyone should read:
  • All of Roald Dahl's books!! They are great for your imagination and for recapturing your childhood, my favourites are "The BFG", "The Twits" and "George's Marvelous Medicine" :) 
  • "Harry Potter", DUH. 'nuff said. Fantasy at its best right here. 
  • "Memoirs of a Geisha" is great for exploring a whole different culture. Who knew such a world existed? 
  • Another good one which exposes you to a different culture is "Does My Head Look Big in This?". It's a coming of age story through the perspective of a young Muslim girl which chooses to wear the customary hijab(?)
  • "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". If you are in D English, you probably never want to hear that name again! But after weeks and weeks of critical analysis, this book grew on me. It's very weird and out there. Be prepared to read with an open mind! 
  • The Robert Langdon series by Dan Brown ("Angels and Demons", "The Da Vinci Code" and "The Lost Symbol"). These books are absolutely thrilling! I feel so exhilarated when I'm reading, as if I'm actually experiencing the journey of the characters. It's crazy. I feel an adrenaline rush as I read which urges me to read the book faster. Has that ever happened to you? These books explore symbology and it's role in religion (exciting, right?). I highly recommend this to anyone looking for an exciting read. 
This is all I can remember off the top of my head. Sorry if it's really limited D:

No comments:

Post a Comment