Sunday 28 August 2011

today

Some fag and came late so we missed the 12.30pm session for Rise of the Planet of the Apes (couldn't they have just called it Rise of the Apes? Seriously...). The next session was at 2.45 so we had some a lot of time to kill so we decided to go to the library! We just sat down and read random books, it was the most fun I've had with anyone for a long time. Every time we hang out, I forget about the things that are bothering me and I am able to just enjoy the present. I think that's why I like you. Somehow, you make me forget about my problems and stressful life, even if it is only momentarily.

So what did I think of Rise of the Planet of the Apes? The movie wasn't as great as I had anticipated. I think they highlighted the unjust, brutal treatment of animals in labs and testing facilities brilliantly. It took forever for the movie to reach the climax (the apes going against the humans) and when it did reach the climax, it didn't last very long. It was a pretty good movie though, lots of symbolism and motifs throughout. However, I would have been happy to just torrent it and watch it on my computer. Juz sayin'.  

From watching The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas last night and the Rise of the Planet of the Apes today, I am one hundred percent sure that I want to study humanities/law in uni (hopefully). Don't even get me started on The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas. I went to bed at 10pm and didn't sleep until 3am because my mind was running wild with all of the injustices that the Jews suffered for simply being a Jew. The world we live in is a cruel and unfair place. That's all I can say.

No comments:

Post a Comment