Saturday 20 August 2011

partying like yeah

Whilst everybody is partying at Danny's, I am sitting back in my snuggie, drinking some hot black tea and shopping online for books. Today my mum allowed for me to "splurge" on stationery for my studies (a generous Asian she is). I don't know what it is, but I love going to Officeworks. It must be my inner-nerd or something. Oh but, my parents get even more Asian people! At dinner my dad was like 'hey, seeing as you're doing ext. English, I expect that you will be reading a lot so I set up an Amazon and Paypal account for you to purchase books online because it's so much cheaper!!!' He was fully boasting about his newly found 'Amazon' and how cheap everything is and my mum was just lecturing us on how we will get scammed by con-artists (ASIAN MUCH?).

Today at English tutor I had to read my choice of a Bruce Dawe poem followed by a 2 minute analysis of it. I have to say, this was the most nervous I had ever been! It was really weird. I have never been this nervous for debating in front of random people or English speeches. This speech wasn't even fully serious and I was so scared. Maybe it's because I'm new, but I've found myself getting nervous over petty things recently. Bruce Dawe is a very interesting poet, everybody should check him out (I analysed 'Homecoming' if anybody is interested).
You know what else makes me nervous? Job interviews. Although I've only ever had two in my life, they make me hella nervous. I had one on Friday for the City Beach store opening in Macarthur in a few weeks. I was freaking late! My mum missed the turn and we had to go straight and go all the way around. I was five minutes late to a GROUP interview - colour me embarrassed. The experience of a group interview was completely new to me. We had to stand up and introduce ourselves and why we wanted to work for City Beach and after that, we had one-on-one interviews with the HR crew. I believe I did pretty well apart from being late.

Watching Beauty and the Beast now - Walt Disney a member of Priory of Sion? Nahhhhhhhh.

No comments:

Post a Comment