Wednesday 18 April 2012

Bored of Studies

My tutor told me that there is no point doing Extension 1 Maths and Extension 1 English because in the end, the HSC is marked in subjects of 2 units and those two would just combine to make a random, nameless subject with no scaling whatsoever. So what's the point of wasting so much effort in Extension 1 English and Extension 1 Maths? They are both a lot of work (especially English) and ultimately, you do them for the scaling, not for the fun of them. That's why I'm dropping Extension 1 English at the end of Year 11 to focus on maths and hopefully it will save me if I do crap as hell in one of my 2 unit subjects. I just thought I would share this with some of you because we are in the same boat... Not that I am encouraging you to drop it but yeah. It's just pointless. At least with the single Extension 1 Maths unit, the scaling and whatnot is still there.

No comments:

Post a Comment