Saturday 14 May 2011

127 hours & Buried

It doesn't take a lot for me to like a movie, I'll be honest. I like most of the movies that I get the chance to see. But. There's one in ten that I will hate the crap on. One of the recent ones being 127 Hours. This film is supposed to be amazeballs. It's supposed to be super suspenseful and other cinematographic shizzeh but it just wasn't. It wasn't suspenseful at all because hello, obviously he was going to survive. Don't get me wrong, the character (to some extent) was somewhat inspirational, but the way that the story was portrayed was so blah. I was really intrigued with the plot, but the way it was carried out was such a disappointment ): Imagine how disappointed I would be if I had read the book.

A good movie is one where you already know what is going to happen, yet the director is able to make you second guess yourself. I've had instances where I've read the entire plot of a movie but when I was watching the film, I thought to myself "wait.........................". One recent examples is Buried. Everyone should watch this movie. Whenever I tell somebody to watch it, they give me this attitude "Why? It's 2 hours of some guy in a box". First of all, this ain't just """"some"""" guy, it's Ryan bleeping Reynolds. Second of all, THAT'S WHAT MAKES THE MOVIE SO AMAZING. If a movie starring only one person and only has one setting can keep you guessing than obviously it's a good film. My mum and I watched the movie before we went to my cousin's birthday party and she couldn't even drive properly because she was so shaken up from the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment